Electronics Engineering Group Leader - USA
Are you looking for a great opportunity with fasttrack career advancement potential? Do you have experience with electronic design and image acquisition? Videology is searching for a innovative Design Engineering Group Leader. We seek an experienced electronic hardware designer to lead our design engineering staff. Use your record of ingenuity and problem solving to make a mark on this organization.
Videology designs, develops, and manufactures video image acquisition and display technologies to customers worldwide As a global leader in video camera design and manufacturing we provide the highest quality, most cost-effective products and solutions available, serving OEMs & system integrators in the Medical, Industrial, and Government security markets. We maintain a "can do" spirit and approach against all odds. We do not give up.
The Design Engineering Group Leader is responsible for planning and coordinating all design engineering activities required for new product development and engineering support for manufacturing operations. This includes the engineering of products and systems that may involve:
- Design and redesign; validation testing; failure analysis; and related activities
- Reporting on engineering activities and findings
- Assigning engineering resources in accordance with time schedules, quality parameters, customer needs, market needs and manufacturing capabilities
- Performing hands-on design engineering and product evaluation tasks
- Directly supervise the in-house design teams in USA and Europe. Direct the technical efforts of design contractors
- Develop, implement, and maintain an effective NPI process, ensuring products meet spec, meet manufacturability standards, and are released on schedule
- Coordinate engineering resources for product development, manufacturing support and production test development
- Develop and maintain the transparent reporting of project status
- Convert marketing specifications into product design specifications
- Lead engineering design review, prototype builds, and product release to manufacturing
- Prepare technical data such as qualification test procedures, acceptance test procedures, reports, etc.
- Interact with customers on engineering designs and any issues they may have during the product development cycle
- Facilitate relevant communication with sales, logistics, customers, operations and senior management
- Interact with manufacturing personnel to define and solve manufacturability issues and implement cost reduction ideas
Qualifications | Skills:
- Critical thinking skills
- Desire and ability to grow and learn
- Capability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and direct team activities
- Leadership for problem-solving teams using structured problem-solving methods like 8D and A3
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Ten years' experience in the design of both hardware and software engineering
- Five years' experience in project management
- Three years' experience managing a technical staff
- Bachelor's Degree in electronics engineering or equivalent experience
This is an immediate opening. Videology offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package: including medical, dental, paid holidays & vacations, IRA with company matching at 2%, and tuition reimbursement.
For consideration please forward your resume in confidence to:
firstname.lastname@example.org Attention: HR/ Design Engineering Group Leader - USA
or FAX 401-949-5276