Electronic Engineering Technician
Since 1991 Videology Imaging Solutions has been recognized worldwide as a leader in the design, development and manufacture of video cameras and associated systems. This rapidly growing industry and our technical leadership provides us with wide range of new opportunities in a broad spectrum of applications, such as biometrics, gaming, law enforcement, life sciences, aerospace, machine vision, surveillance, and diagnostic imaging. We are continuously developing new products ranging from conventional analog CCD & CMOS cameras to USB and Digital cameras & Internet Protocol (IP) systems. Many of these products are integrated into systems by OEM customers such as Carl Zeiss, NCR and Diebold.
Videology’s work environment is highly dynamic, customer focused and fast-paced. For us to be successful each person on our staff must be capable of contributing individually and as part of the team, and comfortable in an environment that requires all of us to wear multiple hats on any given day.
Presently we have an opportunity in our product development group for an Electronics Engineering Technician. The major responsibilities of the person filling this position are as follows:
- To support & assist design engineers with new product designs or upgrades to existing designs
- To evaluate competitive video & optical commercial products & critical components
- To investigate and analyze performance of new and existing products
- To support customer development projects and & customer-specific applications
- To support transfer of new & revised products into manufacturing
- To assist in the test & validation of hardware, software and firmware of various systems & across multiple platforms
- To assist with development & implementation of effective & efficient standard practices within the engineering function (e.g. standard test protocols, reporting formats, etc)
Key skills & experience:
- Strong hardware trouble shooting ability a must
- Soldering skills – proficiency with fine pitch lead-free surface mount soldering and BGAs
- Hands-on, self-starter
- Ability to effectively multi-task as priorities change
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Highly desirable additional experience includes:
- Experience with light machine tools
- Experience with SolidWorks
- Experience involving video cameras, audio, monitors, or camcorders, and knowledge of analog and digital circuit design specifically related to video and audio applications
- Experience involving software quality assurance testing (especially related to Windows operating systems & applications and device drivers), and design verification testing experience
- Experience with Ethernet, network-based video, and general networking practices
- More extensive related software experience a plus
- Linux and Android knowledge
This position presents the opportunity for the candidate with a track record of success in a similar role to make their own mark on this organization, with the potential for personal & professional growth.
Videology offers a competitive salary based on experience and a comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental, paid holidays & vacations, and tuition reimbursement.
For consideration please forward your resume in confidence to:
email@example.com Attention: HR/ Electronic Engineering Technician
or FAX 401-949-5276